Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home Cooked Meals and Rectangles

Matt and I have been trying to eat home more often this year, like we did right after we came back from Brazil (2007). Let's call it our New Year's resolution: Eat home cooked meals as often as possible.

We have been really good with keeping up this new trend... I know today is only the 12th, so what? But, I have to admit, the hardest thing about this plan is planning the meals. Sitting down on Sunday and coming up with some sort of plan for the week, this way we can be sure to have all the ingredients we need to create goodness, is not easy.

This Sunday, I decided to add a wild card recipe to the mix, and boy am I glad I did? During one of my get-lost-in-time-blog-reading-escapades, I ran across this Roasted Vegetable Pesto Pizza from Aggie's Kitchen. I never order veggie pizzas at restaurants, and honestly I don't like pesto, but for some reason this pizza just jumped out at me. Look at this picture:

Don't you want to eat this pizza now?

Well, I was brave, and so was Matt - keep in mind he loves pesto, so there wasn't much convincing. So after not too long spent in the kitchen, voila:


Things you might notice about this picture:

  • My pizza is a rectangle - that is correct, no round pizzas in this house. Didn't you know that rectangular food tastes so much better than round? It's the new thing... ok, I don't have a round stone.
  • Only half of the pizza is being photographed - the other half is in our tummies. Sorry, I couldn't wait to take the picture, it was so good, I had to eat it right away.
  • My culinary picture taking skills are nowhere near Ms Aggie's, but at least I tried.
As you can see, the week is going well so far, we'll see how the rest of the year goes.

On my next post I will share the rest of my New Year's resolutions. Stay tuned.

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for homemade pizza! :) I'm so flattered you tried it even knowing you don't normally like pesto!! So happy you and your husband enjoyed it! And ya know...I'm more of a rectangle pizza person too! LOL...it's just easier sometimes, and it reminds me of my mom's homemade pizza, hers was always very rustic and rectangle. Looks delicious and thank you for the kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aggie:
    Thank you for checking out the blog, glad you liked it. Your pizza recipe rocked! Thank you for sharing your creations with us.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Counter