Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm still Alive!

I apologize for not writing for so long, honestly, life has gotten really crazy. But, here I am, over a month later, writing the post I promised... my New Year's Resolution.

I know it is a little late to be talking about New Year's, but this way, I can also talk about the progress of my resolutions, and not just the intention.

So here we go:

  1. No more Caffeine: You all ready knew about this one, if you read the No Caffeine = Massive Headaches post back in December. Amazingly, I have not had any Starbucks since Christmas, I'm doing good so far. Now, the other source of my caffeine habit, this one I have visited once, twice, well ok, 3 times since I officially quit - Coke just tastes so good. But hey, 3 cokes in 2 months, that's pretty good if you ask me.
  2. Eating more home cooked meals: I have allowed myself one lunch a week that is not from home, and the hubby and I go out to eat once week together. That's been going well so far, but I can tell that I am starting to get sick of grocery shopping and planning my meals every weekend. 
  3. Maintaining my house cleaner: In my house growing up, every Saturday was cleaning day, I was only allowed to go play with my friends, after the entire house was spotless clean. When I mean cleaning, I mean sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc., not the normal chores, like dishwashing, putting clothes away, etc. I have maintained this cleaning process ever since I've had my own house, but I think it is time to adopt a different format. With my hubby, my puppy, and me being so messy, the house has been getting too dirty by Wednesday that waiting until Saturday just doesn't make sense anymore. So, for the new year, I have adopted a new system: daily chores. Theoretically, this is going well, but I'll have to update you on this one after I actually take the time to sit down and create the chore schedule ;o)
  4. Exercise: Notice how I just wrote exercise, not exercise "more". That's exactly what I mean, get off my butt and start some form of exercising routine. This, sadly, has not happened yet.
  5. Accomplish at least 3 major projects in the house, these can consist of any/all of the following:
    • Lay sod on the front yard
    • Lay sod on the back yard
    • Build the gravel patio in the front yard
    • Gutters on the front and back of the house
    • Wooden floors in the kitchen and laundry
    • Window bench for the breakfast nook
    • Hardwood on the stairs
    • Hardwood in the master bedroom
    • New sink for the kitchen
That's it folks, my New Year's Resolution for 2010. I'll do a mid year update in July to let you know how things are going.

Hope you are doing better than me at your list.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Counter